Thursday, September 9, 2010

When the Bee Stings

I'm currently wearing a frumpy sweater while sipping tea, and enjoying the cool breeze coming in through the windows, as I watch Julie Andrews on The Martha Stewart Show. It's quite a pleasant morning.



Martha asked her guest what some of her favorite things are (fitting, no?). Her list did not consist of brown paper packages tied up with strings or whiskers on kittens, but rather her grandchildren, husband, garden, and dog.

I now sit here thinking about my own favorite things from the simplest pleasures such as hand-picked flowers, warm socks, and hand written letters to the bigger things like my husband, home, and family. I have so much to be thankful for, so much that I adore. Life is filled with tiny little joys that add up to a truly joyful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment