Friday, August 20, 2010

The Blueberry Tastes Like Blueberry

I've been on a real pie kick for the last year and a half (which my husband greatly appreciates). In fact, the reason I started baking pies was to impress Lucas. We were still just friends, but I had entered the crush zone, and he had made a comment about wanting to marry a girl who could bake pies.That sealed the deal- I had to become the best pie baker ever.

For those of you who don't know, I'm the world's pickiest eater. The first pie I ever made was the first pie I ever ate. I clearly had no idea what I was missing. I'm over the moon for pie these days. My first pie was apple, which is still my favorite. It changed over time and became a sort of a caramel apple pie. Next up was cherry, a gift for a friend of ours. It wasn't until my second cherry pie that I actually knew what cherry pie tasted like. Then, it was on to blueberry, which is now my husband's favorite pie of mine. As I mentioned a couple days ago, it was our 5 month wedding anniversary, so I decided to surprise my darling husband with a blueberry pie. I love baking. And I love baking even more when it's for him. I love the look on his face when he spots homemade goodies on the table as he comes in from work.








No comments:

Post a Comment