Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sick Day

Today, I'm feeling miserably sick. Being sick in the summertime is the worst. All I want is soup, stew, and cream of wheat: all nice hot, body warming foods.

I'll admit that I'm a pretty big baby when it comes to being sick. I like being fussed over. I was probably the most spoiled little girl ever. My father would give me little toys and treats when I was sick. I always slept in his bed (nice of me to share my germs) when I was sick, because it somehow felt better.

Lucas has learned this and carries on the tradition of fussing over his pitiful wife. The first sign of sniffles in our relationship was met with a tub of Edy's Caramel Delight ice cream (as far as I'm concerned, this is the ultimate treat for a sore throat). We sleep in the same bed, but laying on his side when I'm sick feels much better than mine. The most amazing thing though was his gift of Luden's throat drops. I had told him previously about my go-to sick treatments: ice cream, cream of wheat, and cherry Luden's throat drops. More specifically, I preferred the throat drops that were packaged separately in little cardboard boxes. However, I couldn't find them anywhere. So, what did he do? He went out and searched store after store until he found them for me.



This morning I woke up all sad and pathetic, feeling sorry my stuffed up nose and sore throat, until I remembered that I still had a box of those throat drops left! I searched frantically through the mess on top of my dresser until I found it- my little box of throat drops. Now, I'm still very much sick, but I'm smiling because I have my cherry Luden's throat drops. Ah yes- a very spoiled girl indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment