Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello, Tomatoes.

I started off my morning with a visit to our lovely tomato plants. I love walking down to see them, watering can in hand. I'm so excited about our first gardening experience. We started off with potted parsley, oregano, and basil. I still appreciate our tending to those plants, but there's something different about planting things in the ground. I love just working with the earth, creating something new, and having my hands in the soil. I like looking at our plants and watching them grow and get so excited over each little change. I was so excited when we first spotted little green tomatoes, then again when they started to turn red, then I got really excited when Lucas told me that they were ready to be picked. We used them in a pasta salad for a friend's birthday party and I swear they are the best tomatoes I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment