Friday, August 13, 2010

A New Beginning

This is my new adventure. I'm not even sure yet where this adventure will lead. But I'm taking it a day at a time.

Pohickery is a beautiful, non-operational farm. It is my home. It is the home of my husband's parents, grandmother, and brother. It is the beginning of our life together. I'm a newly wed as of March 18th. My husband and I have a happy little life in a little apartment inside of a barn on this beautiful farm. We're beginning to develop our plans for the future. These plans are still quite foggy, but are starting to take shape.

My husband has always lived in the country, and I am just now fulfilling my desire to do the same. We're practicing our gardening skills and hoping to someday move on to taking care of chickens and goats. The latter of these is admittedly more so my own desire... However, my wonderful husband is incredibly supportive of my goals. I've been at home since February, due to health reasons, and trying to figure out what to do with all of this spare time. This task proves difficult as I'm limited in what I can do. It's a disadvantage, but at the same time, it's allowed me to really focus on things I love: gardening, crafts, ministry, and tending to my new home. I'm a new Etsy seller, making and selling items I myself adore (homemade jam, aprons, and dish towels). I can be found under the name "starrling".

I guess that's enough for now. As I said, this is the beginning of an adventure. I hope to use this blog to mark my journey in farming, crafting, and life as a new wife.


Pohickery Farm. Photo by Lucas Walther of Martyr Media (http:://martyrmedia.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment