Friday, September 24, 2010

Sloppy Joes

I've been feeling a little under the weather the last couple of days, which always seems to bring on cravings for comfort food. Oddly enough, today I started craving something I never thought I would- Sloppy Joes. The name is enough to make me think that I wouldn't like this dish. But I saw a recipe earlier today posted on Design Sponge about Sloppy Joes and it hit me instantly. This warm, messy dish just seemed so appetizing all of a sudden. I followed the recipe just as they explained, except I added some chili powder. Next time I'd add a little less brown sugar. It was really sweet.





But, it was just the comfort I needed.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, this makes me want meatless sloppy joes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you substitute the meat with? I'd like to try making it with something other than beef.

    ReplyDelete