Friday, September 3, 2010

Wedding Gift

On the day of our wedding, I walked into our soon to be home to be greeted by my bridesmaids. We said our hellos and they requested a tour of our tiny little barn apartment. As I walked them through the doorway of our bedroom, I spotted a small jewelry box on the dresser with a little card next to it that said "Starrs". The card also featured the little cross stitch daisies we had put on our wedding invitations.

I blushed as the girls urged me to read the card aloud and open the box. The card simply quoted "Here we are in heaven, for you are mine at last", from the song "At Last" by Etta James. I soon discovered that there was something even more special about this jewelry box- it had a music box that played "At Last". It was the perfect gift; a perfect little surprise so sweetly thought out by my darling fiance.

I'm so happy to now know him as my husband, who is still just as sweet and thoughtful as ever, and to have my sweet little wooden jewelry box to remind me of how lucky I am.

Photo by Heather Vaught of Steadfast Media (http://steadfastmedia.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment