Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Time is Here

Our small tree looks rather large in our tiny barn apartment. It fits perfectly. We also finally have candles in our two small windows and our country home now seems complete. They're so lovely glowing in the night.

We don't have a lot of ornaments just yet. Our tree is somewhat bare, but it's a good start. I had planned on making a perfectly coordinated tree with matching ornaments, but I found a pack of mismatched retro ornaments and just had to have them. They look just like the ornaments my parents have on their tree, which once belonged to my grandmother. I love having my own little set. Nestled between them on the tree are two ornaments with the words "Love" and "Faith", gifts from my mother-in-law. She gave them to us last Christmas saying "As long as you have those two things, your marriage will do well". It's neat to have the meshing of our families in our first Christmas tree. Ohhh, Christmas. You make me awfully sentimental.













 




 




 













No comments:

Post a Comment