Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks

Our first married Thanksgiving was lovely. It started with Lucas watching me jump up and down with joy as the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade began. We headed out to my parent's house shortly after where I had my father's famous breakfast (which I look forward to all year long- SO GOOD) and spent time with my amazing family (minus one brother who is sadly in Ohio- miss you, bro). We ended our Thanksgiving with a dinner with my in-laws and A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. And a slice of apple pie with homemade whip cream. Happily stuffed.

Now it's time to clean up the mess I made yesterday while making four, yes, four pies.



See what a mess I was? Hair all askew and flour covering my entire apron. Scrappy was finding all kinds of pie dough to lick off of my pants. But totally worth it.

 




Pretty, right? It helps that we also have a new lens, our nifty fifty (50mm), which produces some pretty rad pictures. I like the low lighting and how the kitchen looks sort of industrial.



 


Anyway. . .

Happy Thanksgiving
I hope yours was as wonderful as mine.


2 comments:

  1. Starr I got to try one of your Apple pies tonight. All I can say is WOW, The best Apple pie I have ever had. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was great to have you both over for the morning. You enthusiasm for all things is contagious! As you can tell by Aunt Faith's comment everyone loved the pie. Uncle Paul even asked Grandmom to save a piece for him when he visits Friday. Also, thanks for the amazing pictures you took to document the morning. I'm overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete