Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Photography

After I damaged Lucas' old camera (whoops) it seemed time to get my own. He has been doing photography for years now. He has done lots of weddings, shows, and portraits and since being married has shown me a lot about photography and increased my interest in the art. Many of the pictures here on this blog were taken by him. My point and shoot camera's pictures have just started to look so sad and plain compared to the beautiful, crisp pictures his camera takes (Canon 7D). But, after much studying and anticipating, I now have my very own SLR camera. We decided on the Canon Rebel T2i, which fits perfectly in my petite hands. His camera has always been a bit too big and heavy for me. My hands feel nice and steady with this lighter camera. And my pictures are less shaky.




I've been spending my days reading books on digital photography and Photoshop and practicing, practicing, practicing. I'm still learning but Lucas and I are in the midst of expanding his photography business. We've been daydreaming about one day having a studio in our future home. But for now we're using the outdoors as our studio, trying our best to capture nature in photographs, and plan on doing some portraits and wedding photography together. It's exciting. And scary. But mostly exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment