Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day Tea Party



My wonderful friend Laurie (the star of our recent engagement photo shoot), has hosted a valentines crafting event for the past several years. It's always a lot of fun to sit around and craft with girl friends and feel super girly as we talk about our beaus and baking and other girl-type topics. To make things even more awesome, Laurie decided to make this year's valentine-making party a tea party (in theme with our recent love of throwing tea parties) which was held this past Saturday.

As always, our tea party was really fun and filled with lots of delicious food. We had banana bread, fancy pants potatoes, heart-shaped sandwiches, heart-shaped cookies, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream, an egg quiche with red pepper and arugula, and a gazillion types of tea to choose from. We get fancy. And stuffed. Amanda's quiche made us feel less guilty about our consumption of chocolate cupcakes and cookies. It had green in it. That has to get a us a few health points. Right? Right.
















And here is the quiche chef herself, hard at work on her valentine:



We had a nice spread of crafting supplies in various shades of pink and red.



Unfortunately, I got so consumed in my own valentine making that I forgot to take pictures of everyone else until we were almost all done. I did get a few of Amanda crafting. And Fischer (Laurie's adorable kitten) lending a helping hand.



And being unbelievably cute as he got himself stuck in a piece of paper with a heart cut out of it:



I also took a picture of Melissa's completed valentine:


Those are her legs in the picture. She had on really cute tights. I've said this before and I'll say it again- I have super cute friends.

Oh, and Laurie's fellah took this picture of all of us gals together!





Later this week I'll tell you all about the heart-shaped cookies and chocolate cupcakes I made for the party:]

No comments:

Post a Comment