Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day?

I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of Valentine's Day. I don't want to go to a crowded restaurant or have my husband spend a ridiculous amount of money on roses that will just soon die and be thrown out. I don't even like roses. I'm just not that kind of girl (not that being that kinda girl is a bad thing, it's just not for me). And I don't like the pressure put on couples on this particular holiday to be overly romantic. But, I'll tell you what I do like... I like hearts and heart-shaped decorations, I like following cute themes (especially in relation to baked goods), I love spending time with my husband, and dressing up for him, just to stay home and sit on the couch.






So what did we do on this Valentine's Day? I made this little heart garland out of wrapping paper that I saved from one of our wedding gifts (it was too pretty to throw away). I'm happy that it's simple enough to keep up year-round. Then, I busted out my heart-shaped pancake mold to make cute (in theory) pancakes. They didn't want to come out of the mold. I like how curly the bacon turned out. I got a pretty nasty grease burn/blister on my arm due to my typical clumsiness. Lucas ran to my aid with aloe and a band-aid. Then, after dinner, we watched Bruce Willis kick some major booty in the movie Red, and ate the heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies I made for Lucas while he was at work.






It was Valentine's Day, but that didn't matter. It was just a typical day in the the Walther home, being in love with my husband, baking cookies, and finding a new way to hurt myself while cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, can you be anymore perfect of a wife?? :) You're so sweet and I totally admire your Valentine's Day endeavor. I dislike Valentine's Day as well. I would much prefer to get love on all the other days when you aren't reminded to love someone or buy someone something. :) But, in reality, the hearts and smiles that warm people's hearts on Valentine's Day are pretty awesome, and I can tell you truly warmed Lucas' heart. :) Way to go, Starr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you and Lucas decide that Polygamy is a great Idea, Im ready to sign on as a second wife...More so for you than him :)

    ReplyDelete