Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Barn Apartment

My husband, Lucas, and I live in a tiny apartment inside of a barn on his parents' farm. We spent a great deal of time and effort searching for the perfect house for us, but never found it. By the time our wedding came, we were without a house. But, in perfect timing, Lucas' brother had just moved out of his apartment at his parents' house and we were able to move in. We spent the week of our wedding scrubbing walls and moving in what little amount of furniture we had into our new apartment.

It's a teeny tiny apartment with half a kitchen and only one, small bedroom. We don't have an oven, other than a toaster/convection oven that was gifted to us as a wedding present. Our living room is only big enough for one couch. We have two small windows that I made two sets of small curtains for. It's the teeniest little home, and I absolutely adore it. It's perfectly cozy for a newly married couple. I sit on my couch and look out at the beautiful farm that my husband and I frequently walk through at night. I can spot our tomato plants and the two cats that linger around the farm. On cool nights, we open the windows and smell the wonderful country breeze coming in. My husband and I spend our evenings on our single couch in our small living room, together, either working separately on our computers or cuddled up next to each other for a movie. One day we'll have a real house with multiple bedrooms and a regular sized oven. But for now, I'm absolutely in love with this wonderful life of ours in our teeny barn apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment