Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So This is Love...

Today I'm celebrating five months of marriage to my wonderful husband. Five months isn't lot. It's not even half a year just yet. But, something about the number "5" seems special. We still have seven months to go until we finish out this first year of marriage, but so far it's been amazing.



I'm head-over-heels in love with this man. He is my absolute best friend and the most perfect companion. It's funny to think that it took me ten years to realize that. Through friendship and a sibling-like relationship, we found love. I feel like we're the luckiest people in the world. Our love is founded on an honest, trustworthy, loyal friendship- one greater than any friendship I've ever known. The Lord, in His perfect timing, brought this love out of our friendship in the most perfect way. Our hearts were prepared perfectly for one another. (Now, I say perfect and I mean it, but perfect love includes hardships and sacrifices. It isn't always easy, but it's completely worth fighting for.)



My husband is a sweet, honest, godly man. He lifts me up and  gives me the encouragement I need. I have never laughed as much or as hard as I have with him. He gives me romance in the form of hand-picked flowers, walks on the farm, and caramel delight ice cream. He does all that he can to help me, in even the littlest ways. He knows how to calm me. He helps me to stay focused on the Lord. He is my partner in ministry. He is the man I want to share every bit of my life with. I get excited everyday thinking about all that our future has in store. We're blessed with such a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment