Thursday, September 2, 2010

Preparing

Unified Underground , a conference held by Hope for the Rejected (the ministry Lucas and I volunteer for), is only a few weeks away.

Lucas and I are teaching a seminar this year and I could not be more excited. Or nervous. I've spoken before in front of groups of people. I've given presentations when I worked for the library. I've given presentations in front of classrooms as a student. I've read books in crazy voices to a classroom full of restless three and four year-old preschoolers as well as first and second graders. But, I've never felt much confidence in myself in terms of "teaching" my friends. I know it'll be fine though because it won't just be me speaking, it'll be the Lord. Thank God... Literally. I've been trying to push my boundaries lately, to be more open and available to love and help people. This is one of those areas where I need to just go for it and trust that God will use me.


Our seminar is about godly relationships; a topic that has been a huge part of our lives. We're really excited to share with others what amazing things the Lord has done in our lives and all that we've learned in the past two years in time of singleness, dating, and marriage. I'm so thankful for this journey of finding ourselves and each other. The times of brokenness, renewal, and discovery have all been so equally beautiful and vitally important to our relationship.

It's really something I should think about more often. I have so much to be thankful for. God has been such an active facilitator in this amazing love story of ours. We've also had the pleasure of seeing him do the same for several of our friends in the last few months. Lucas once noted the fact that many of our friends (including us) came to Christ in the same year. Now, many of those same friends are entering marriage in the same year. We've been able to learn from and teach one another. Our community is growing right before our eyes. It's such a beautiful thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment