Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall Festitivites

Saturday night the husband and I joined the church youth group for a bonfire and hayride. It was a really fun night. I felt 16 again as I belted out lyrics to "Don't Stop Believing" with the girls and danced the Cha Cha Slide. Then immediately felt old again as I ran out of breath and energy from said singing and dancing.The bonfire was held on the farm of a really nice couple who grow thirteen varieties of apples. The hayride portion of the night gave us a nice tour of the orchards. Though exciting, the hayride through apple trees in the dark was very reminiscent of a zombie horror film (which Lucas lovingly pointed out to me). I got some good tips on how to make the best use of apples from the lady of the farm (including apple cider sauce- stay tuned). They even gave us free apples!


 They're so pretty


In the spirit of Halloween weekend, and simply because I love any excuse to dress up (especially in a theme), Lucas and I dressed up as greasers. Mainly because we already had the appropriate attire at home. Lucas wasn't entirely thrilled with the idea, but he went along with it. He even put on music in the car befitting a couple of cruising greasers. I get wrapped up in themes and daydreaming. 

He gets me.



Makin' S'mores!

No comments:

Post a Comment