Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Best Thing

Can I admit that I am starting to really like Taylor Swift? I honestly haven't listened to most of her music, but while watching Teen Nick (yes, I am aware that I am too old to be watching Teen Nick), I saw her music video for the song "Mine" and instantly loved it. At first I think I mainly loved the style of video and her clothing (all of the cute vintage/retro style). But, I was also struck by the line "We've got bills to pay. We've got nothing figured out" and how the video depicts a young couple starting off on a rocky road together, learning more about each other each day. That's what really got me.

Lucas and I have talked a lot recently about how content we are in our teeny barn apartment and how perfect life is with so little a space. God has really made our hearts content without all of the garbage that this world thinks will make them happy. I'm so grateful for this. I think the idea of a happy yet struggling young married couple is a beautiful thing. Depending on and loving each other in the midst of a rough beginning, needing nothing else but each other to pull through. And not knowing what the future holds, but knowing they can get through it together.

Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment