Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tea Party

A couple of us ladies have been trying to have monthly tea parties. It's nice to have a little girl time fix. Especially when it involves tea and treats. Since I'm crazy in love with Christmas, I really wanted to host the Christmas tea party. We had all kinds of peppermint in the form of peppermint brownies (thank you Laurie, thank you thank you), peppermint tea, starlight mints, and peppermint sticks for tea and hot chocolate. We snacked and decorated cookies as we watched Love Actually.



I really wish I would have gotten more pictures, but we got into the habit of decorating our cookies then immediately eating them. Lucas was disappointed and confused when he found out that instead of decorating them and eating them later, we decorated them for the sole purpose of eating them right away, leaving him none. Don't feel sorry for him though; Laurie left her delicious brownies behind.


 We made cookies that resembled our men. I think that was the most fun part. My cookie version of Lucas looked like the hardcore kid version of Santa Claus. Laurie's cookie version of her boyfriend had a smear of brownie for hair and zebra striped shoes (which were supposed to be Adidas). Melissa's cookie looked just like her husband. Especially with his fancy green sprinkle pants. It was awesome. And we laughed a lot. Which is wonderful. I love to laugh.


My friends are super cute.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having us over! I don't feel sorry for Lucas because we left him enough cookies that he could decorate his own :)

    ReplyDelete