Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Decor

Yesterday I peeked out the window and got majorly giddy when I saw that it was snowing. I threw my boots and coat on as quickly as I could, ran into the in-laws' house to grab Scrappy, and went out to enjoy the lovely winter weather.

I saw a picture a year ago on Country Living.com of fake branches over top of a bed with little stars dangling down. I loved it and thought I'd like to try replicating a smaller version, but in the living room over the couch. I recently started thinking about it again but in terms of Christmas decorations. I've been wanting to make it more Christmasy in here without having to buy pre-made decorations. So I got crafty.




While out on our walk, Scrap and I picked out some nice sized branches. I arranged them under the shelf above our couch and hot glued them together. Using styrofoam balls, I made little yarn balls by wrapping them in red and green yarn, then hung them at different lengths from the branches.




I think after Christmas I may replace the yarn balls with hanging stars. Or maybe a mix of the two. And I might add more branches as well. For right now, I don't even want to think about taking down Christmas decorations. I just want to enjoy them for as long as I possibly can.

3 comments:

  1. Great Idea Starr, I love it. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty!! Being a BIG knitter myself, I love the idea of yarn balls hanging down in holiday colors. Wonderful job!!
    Kathy Walther

    ReplyDelete