Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's Been a Very Good Year

Lucas and I have been "together" for two years as of today. And married for almost nine months. It feels like so much longer than that. Having known the guy for ten years surely makes it feel like forever.

Two years ago, on a very cold day, he took me to the playground behind the library where I worked when I was younger. I sat there, incredibly nervous, thinking he had brought me there to tell me that he noticed that I was digging him and that I shouldn't. But, instead, he told me that he was digging me too. Then we very awkwardly held hands and started the beginning of our journey together.




I guess "dating" anniversaries aren't as significant now that we're married. But it's still lovely to think about when we first fell in love two years ago, and the million times I've fallen in love with him since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment