Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jewelry Holder Frame

We've been slowly making progress on cleaning out our bedroom and finding more efficient ways of storing things. In order to make more space in my dresser, I moved out all of my jewelry and hair clips and made a jewelry holder to hang on the wall, also saving space on top of the dresser.

I started with this frame which used to be a memo board (I removed the center, added little studs to the corners, and painted it blue):



Lucas stripped a piece of scrap wire so that I could use the white wire for the frame (what a guy):



He also helped me with the next two parts because math makes my brain hurt and a staple gun in my hands would end up hurting someone as well:


(He figured out based on the size of the frame how far each wire should be spaced apart. I would have just winged it.)


I held the wire tightly across the frame as he stapled it down and we just snaked it around:



Then we trimmed the ends of the wire and I hot glued around the staples to make sure they'd stay in place longterm:



The finished product:



Ta-da!

1 comment: